- Mission & Organizational Ends
- Vision, Purpose, & Values
- Become a Member
- Board of Directors
- Committees, Councils, & Task Forces
- Staff Leadership
- Allied Organizations
- Atla Annual Report
- Logo & Product Naming
- Contact Us
Organizations that do not qualify for Institutional Membership but that have a demonstrated record of support for theological librarianship and the purposes and work of the Association are eligible to apply for Affiliate Membership in the Association.
There are three types of Affiliate Members:
- A business, organization, publisher, or vendor that is not a library.
- Libraries that do not meet the qualifications for Institutional Membership.
- Candidate Libraries that are working toward meeting the qualifications for Institutional Membership are eligible to take advantage of benefit programs typically available only to Institutional Members. Status must be independently verified by Atla each year upon renewal.
Atla’s membership year is September 1 – August 31. In order to take advantage of some benefits, you may need to be a member prior to applying for those programs. If you join mid-year, your membership will be retroactive to September 1 and you will receive all publications for that membership year.
Benefits for Affiliate Members
Community Collaboration and Development
- Link to your home page from the Atla member directory
- Free job postings on the web
- Participate in the Atla Serials Exchange, which supports the low-cost exchange of materials between member libraries (Candidate Libraries only)
- Participate in the Atla Reciprocal Borrowing Program in which participating Atla members grant check-out privileges to each other’s patrons (Candidate Libraries only)
Grant Opportunities (Candidate Libraries only)
- Apply for Consultation Services Grants, which provide practical guidance on library operations and planning from other experienced librarians
- Apply for the Regional Grants Program, which provides grants for institutions to create and offer continuing education programs
- Apply for the Library Impact Grants Program, which provides grants for institutions to increase awareness of the importance and value of libraries serving theology and religious studies programs through communications and activities for faculty, administrators, staff, and students
Discounts on Products and Services
- Discount on exhibiting at the Atla Annual
- Discount on advertising opportunities in the Atla Newsletter and conference program (Business/Organization/Publisher/Vendor only)
- Participate in the Consortia Purchasing Program to receive valuable library services and resources at a discounted rate available through members’ collective purchasing. (Candidate Libraries only) Offers include:
- EBSCO – Atla Religion Database®, Atlas®, and others
- OCLC – WorldShare Management Services (WMS), Sustainable Collection Services (SCS), WorldCat Discovery Services (WCDS), FirstSearch, and the Atla Group Catalog
- Atla/SCELC Affiliate program – Offers from ACLS Humanities E-Books, Harvard Digital Loeb Classical Library, JSTOR, NYTimes.com Academic Pass, Oxford University Press, ProQuest, Taylor & Francis and more
Complimentary Subscriptions to Member Publications
- Newsletter – The primary source of information about Atla activities and membership news
- Summary of Proceedings – Full text or summaries of sessions at Atla Annual
- Theological Librarianship – An open access journal that publishes essays, columns, critical reviews, bibliographic essays, and peer-reviewed articles on various aspects of theological librarianship and its contribution to theological education
- Theology Cataloging Bulletin – Member-published newsletter for catalogers
Opportunities for Professional Collaboration and Development
- Participate in Association programs, including interest and denominational groups
- Discounted registration for conference and other Professional Development offerings
Affiliate membership dues are $100 USD
To apply for Affiliate Membership, please use the following steps.
- Log into the My Atla web portal. If you haven’t logged in before, you will need to create an account.
- Select the My Affiliations tab on the left.
- Create a new organization and enter your institution’s information. Save.
- Select the Personal Snapshot tab of the left and scroll down to the bottom of the page. You should see an orange Apply button under the organization membership section.
- Complete the application form.
Once the form is completed, Atla staff will be notified and we will review your information.
E-mail questions to the Member Programs Department.
Become a Member of Atla Today!
- Connect with colleagues in your field
- Learn from rich professional development offerings
- Grow through leadership opportunities
- Collaborate with other professionals and libraries