Financial Reporting Accountant
The Financial Reporting Accountant is responsible for providing reporting solutions to address company data needs and provide data analytics to support decision making, generate financial statements, and the position will also create, organize, and maintain documentation of Atla’s financial processes and policies.
The Financial Reporting Accountant prepares documentation that reflects Atla’s financial standing, information compiled is issued to internal and external entities and is used to create budgets, conduct audits, and allow for other data analytics. This position will help to generate financial statements while ensuring accurate financial reporting by working closely with the Accounting Supervisor and the Director of Financial Services.
Further responsibility for additional analyses of income and expenses, reconciliation of accounts, and filing of regulatory reports.
Starting at $75,000 / year
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop an understanding of the financial accounting system and processes of Atla
- Work to refine and develop reports in Sage/Intacct and Workday/Adaptive
- Develop data familiarity and review output for reasonableness
- Identify anomalies and clean data from various data sources
- Participate in system migration, analyze data to suit changing requirements, perform reviews and prepare necessary documents
- Process Champion of internal operating procedure manuals for Financial Services
- Assist in policy review for Financial Services by providing input to find efficiencies and ensure consistency
- Assist with special projects in the Financial Services department (e.g., annual royalty payment process)
- Provide excellent customer service to internal/external clients in answering questions and solving problems
- May assist with monthly account reconciliations
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Director of Financial Services
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Expert understanding of nonprofit accounting theory and application.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize workload and deliver quality results on time while working on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Plan and organize tasks to consistently produce results, with minimal supervision
- Proficient on Sage Intacct or comparable ERP, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, Adaptive Insights, Salesforce CRM.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- US time zones and locations only
- Typical working hours are 9 a.m.-5 p.m. CT, Monday through Friday
- Full Time Remote, work from home, position
- This position will require occasional travel <10%.
- Out of state travel
- Competitive pay
- Health, Vision, and Dental, coverage
- Company paid Long-Term, Short-Term, and Life Insurance
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible schedules
- Generous Vacation Paid Time Off
- Professional Development Paid Time Off
- Personal Paid Time Off
- Sick Paid Time Off
- Volunteer Paid Time Off
- Monthly Stipend for Office Supplies
- Company provided laptop and other needed office equipment
To apply, please e-mail a current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Financial Reporting Accountant” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
Atla is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, age, disability, veteran, or military status, pregnancy, order of protection status, genetic information or other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Atla is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request a reasonable accommodation, contact Cember Beeson, HR Generalist, at email@example.com or +1.872.310.4249.