Product Development Manager
Reports to: Director, Product Development and Production
Salary Range: $65,000 - $85,000
Atla’s Product Development Manager supports the development of products, research tools, and services that meet the academic research and learning needs of organizations worldwide related to the disciplines of Religion and Theology. The PDM will help the organization realize short and long-term product development goals supporting Atla’s broader strategy and revenue growth targets.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Partner with stakeholders to identify business drivers, priorities, and product intent. Ensure the value propositions that differentiate and define future products to support and grow Atla’s mission are well defined.
- Understand the features/benefit expectations of the target audience and market. This includes landscape analysis to facilitate decisions regarding investment, long-term product scope, supported personas, and the requirements for the launch (minimal viable product or MVP).
- In coordination with stakeholders, drive the translation of the vision into requirements for Atla’s new offerings; this includes software features/functionality and content scope.
- Provide software and content development teams with project management leadership to drive new offerings and enhancement from concept to launch. This includes monitoring and communicating progress, opportunities, and risks to stakeholders.
- Monitor product performance to recommend feature/content enhancements or adjustments to marketing messaging.
- Support Marketing’s go-to-market strategy development, including details related to the target audience, value proposition, and feature/content highlights for communications.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Advanced Degree (or completed coursework) in Religion or Theology at Master's level desired.
- One to two years experience in a Product Management role (e.g., business analyst, acquisition manager, product specialist, or other relevant titles). Ideally, supporting academic religion/theology research products or similar offerings for the humanities.
- Experience using evidence-based/data to drive decisions and establish success metrics.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the academic library landscape and search tools.
- Demonstrated ability to develop nuanced domain knowledge and grow in the role.
- Possess strong organizational skills and technical instincts.
- Strong track record as a team player able to collaborate across the organization to achieve organizational goals.
- Basic understanding of financial modeling and return-on-investment.
- Proven track record of strong personal initiative, task ownership, the ability to operate independently and multi-task effectively, managing high volume workflow in a fast-paced, highly dynamic environment to meet tight deadlines while maintaining close attention to detail.
- Computer skills required: Advanced skills with MS office suite, including Excel Word, PowerPoint, and similar tools.
Position Travel Requirement
- Position requires some travel ~20%
- Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Competitive Pay
- Health, Vision, and Dental Coverage
- Company Paid Long-Term, Short-Term, and Life Insurance
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible schedules
- Generous Vacation Paid Time Off
- Professional Development Paid Time Off
- Personal Paid Time Off
- Sick Paid Time Off
- Volunteer Paid Time Off
- Monthly Stipend for Office Supplies
- Company provided laptop and other needed office equipment
Atla is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, age, disability, veteran, or military status, pregnancy, order of protection status, genetic information or other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Atla is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request a reasonable accommodation, contact Atla’s HR Department via email at email@example.com or call +1.872.310.4249.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply, please send a letter of interest including contact information and a current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.