Announcing Additions to Atla Products – February 2023
by Todd Aiello/
February 17, 2023
Chicago, IL, February 14, 2023 – Atla is pleased to announce the addition of titles now available in Atla Religion Database® (Atla RDB®), AtlaSerials® (Atlas®), and AtlaSerials PLUS® (Atlas PLUS®).
New Index Titles in Atla Religion Database
- Advenimiento, published by Universidad Adventista de Chile
- Interdisciplinary Journal for Religion and Transformation in Contemporary Society, published by Brill
- Southern Jewish History: Journal of the Southern Jewish Historical Society, published by The Southern Jewish Historical Society
- Zeitschrift für Indologie und Südasienstudien, published by Hempen Verlag
New Full-Text Titles in Atlas
- Review of Religion and Chinese Society, published by Brill
New Full-Text Titles in Atlas PLUS*
- European Journal of Jewish Studies: The Journal of the European Association for Jewish Studies, published by Brill
- Journal of Disability & Religion (succeeding), published by Taylor & Francis
- Journal of Religion, Disability & Health (preceding), published by Taylor & Francis
This February, Atla research tools added titles on many diverse topics in three languages from five countries.
In Atla Religion Database
- Advenimiento, published by Universidad Adventista de Chile, presents scholarly articles related to the history and theology of the Seventh Day Adventist Church from a Chilean perspective. It aims to create and transmit knowledge on these topics to contribute to the region, country, and Adventist Church’s culture and society.
- Interdisciplinary Journal for Religion and Transformation in Contemporary Society, published by Brill, is an interdisciplinary, international, online open-access journal. It was established in 2015 with the aim of promoting the research topics of the Research Centre “Religion and Transformation in Contemporary Society” (RaT, University of Vienna) in an international scope. The journal aims at investigating the contribution of religion to the cultural, political, juridical, and aesthetic dynamics in present-day pluralistic societies. It also examines the influence of the contemporary processes of social transformation on religion and religious expressions.
- Southern Jewish History: Journal of the Southern Jewish Historical Society, published by The Southern Jewish Historical Society, is an annual peer-reviewed journal that publishes scholarly articles that reflect original research, creative methodologies and interpretations, and historiography related to the southern Jewish experience.
- Zeitschrift für Indologie und Südasienstudien, published by Hempen Verlag, is a publication forum for Indological and South Asianist contributions on both classical and modern topics. This journal publishes philological and textual studies as well as research articles with a (colonial) historical, ethnographic or media focus. ZIS is a bilingual (German, English) annual publication.
- Review of Religion and Chinese Society, published by Brill, is an international peer-reviewed journal that publishes articles and book reviews in social science and certain humanities disciplines. “Religion” is understood in the broadest sense, including various spiritualities and meaning-making systems of beliefs and practices. “Chinese society” includes those in mainland China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macau, and Chinese diasporic communities in Asia, North America, Europe, and elsewhere throughout the world.
In Atlas Plus*
- European Journal of Jewish Studies: The Journal of the European Association for Jewish Studies, published by Brill, is the Journal of the European Association for Jewish Studies (EAJS). Its main purpose is to publish high-quality research articles, essays and shorter contributions on all aspects of Jewish Studies. EJJS seeks to inform its readers on current developments in Jewish Studies: it carries comprehensive review-essays on specific topics, trends and debated questions. A further section carries reports on conferences, symposia, and descriptions of research projects in every area of Jewish Studies.
- Journal of Disability & Religion, published by Taylor & Francis, provides an interfaith, interdisciplinary forum for people interested in the intersections of religion, disability, human services, and academic research to come together, meet, and learn. The aim of this exchange is to support people with disabilities and their families as well as those who are working with them in the purview of their faith communities and traditions. It addresses religious and spiritual practices and beliefs from the perspective of inclusive communities for people with disabilities.
- Journal of Religion, Disability & Health, published by Taylor & Francis, is the preceding title of the aforementioned journal, now known as Journal of Disability & Religion.
* Atlas PLUS includes all of the titles in Atla’s original full-text product, Atlas, and 260+ additional full-text titles.
Not a subscriber? Subscribe here.
Want to suggest materials for inclusion in an Atla product? Send title information including ISSN, publisher, and contact information for the legal owner of the journal if known, to our licensing staff.
To view Atla’s title lists click here.
Established in 1946 as the American Theological Library Association, Atla is a membership association of librarians and information professionals, and a producer of research tools, committed to advancing the study of religion and theology. Atla’s membership includes more than 800 individuals and libraries at academic institutions from diverse religious traditions and backgrounds. As a community of collectors and connectors, Atla works to promote worldwide scholarly communication in religion and theology by advancing the work of libraries and related information providers.
Margot Lyon, +1.872.310.4233, firstname.lastname@example.org
Enjoying the Atla Blog?
Subscribe to receive email alerts of new blog posts of a specific type. Members, subscribers, publishers, or anyone interested in the study of religion & theology are welcome to sign up to one or all alerts to keep up to date with the Atla community. If you or your institution are a member, the Atla Newsletter delivers a monthly curated email of top posts to your email inbox.