Announcing Additions to Atla Products – December 2020/
December 15, 2020
Chicago, IL, December 15, 2020 – Atla is pleased to announce the addition of titles now available in Atla Religion Database® (Atla RDB®), AtlaSerials® (Atlas®), and AtlaSerials PLUS® (Atlas PLUS®).
New Indexing Titles in Atla Religion Database
- Materia Giudaica by Associazione Italiana per lo Studio del Giudaismo (AISG)
- MAVCOR Journal by Center for the Study of Material and Visual Cultures of Religion at Yale University
- Studies in American Jewish Literature by Penn State University Press
- Journal of the Interdisciplinary Study of Monotheistic Religions by Doshisha University
- Spiritus: ORU Journal of Theology by Oral Roberts University College of Theology & Ministry
- Tel Aviv by Taylor & Francis
New Full-text Journals in Atlas
- TheoLogica by Catholica University of Louvain
New Full-text Titles in Atlas PLUS*
- Biblische Zeitschrift by Brill
- Religion. Church. Society. by Theological Institute of the Evangelical Lutheran Church of Ingria
- Journal of Confucian Philosophy and Culture by Sungkyunkwan University
New Additions to Indexing of Essay Collections in Atla Religion Database
View a full list of the essay collections we have indexed in Atla Religion Database so far in 2020 below.
Enhancing & Expanding
First introduced in July, from the Theological Institute of the Evangelical Lutheran Church of Ingria, the full text of Religion. Church. Society. is now available in Atlas PLUS.
First introduced in January, from Sungkyunkwan University in South Korea, the open access Journal of Confucian Philosophy and Culture is now available in Atlas PLUS.
From Brill, Biblische Zeitschrift was previewed as a key upcoming title during Atla Annual 2020 Online. The full text is now available in Atlas PLUS.
From established partner Penn State University Press, Studies in American Jewish Literature is a newly indexed journal dedicated to publishing work analyzing the place, representation, and circulation of Jews and Jewishness in American literature.
From established partner Taylor & Francis, Tel Aviv is the official journal of the Institute of Archaeology of Tel Aviv University, discussing archaeological investigations in the southern Levant and critical studies related to the history and culture of Near Eastern civilizations.
First introduced in February, TheoLogica from the Catholic University of Louvain, is an open access bilingual French-English journal from Belgium that discusses the philosophy of religion and philosophical theology.
From Doshisha University in Japan, Journal of the Interdisciplinary Study of Monotheistic Religions is a newly indexed open access journal covering the interdisciplinary study of the three major monotheistic religions, Christianity, Judaism, and Islam.
In a new partnership with Oral Roberts University College of Theology & Ministry, Spiritus: ORU Journal of Theology is an open access journal that discusses Pentecostal theology and the global Spirit-empowered movement.
From a new partnership with the Center for the Study of Material and Visual Cultures of Religion at Yale University, MAVCOR Journal is an open access born-digital journal promoting conversation about material and visual cultures of religion.
From a new partnership with Associazione Italiana per lo Studio del Giudaismo (AISG) in Italy, Materia Giudaica is a bilingual Italian-English journal covering the study of Judaism.
Indexing Essay Collections
As we previewed earlier this year, the Atla team has been diligently working to expand its indexing of essay collections. Working with our publishing partners, users, and scholars to locate and index essay collections allow us to feature metadata for hard-to-find content for all our users. To end the year, we wanted to share all the essay collections our team has indexed in 2020. You can peruse the full title list here (PDF).
A few notable titles include:
- Selected Papers: Must Morality be Grounded in God? from Catholic University of America Press;
- Saul, Benjamin, and the Emergence of Monarchy in Israel an open access title from SBL Press;
- Ori-Oke Spirituality and Social Change in Africa: Contemporary Perspectives from Langaa Research & Publishing Common Initiative Group;
- Reinterpreting the Eucharist: Explorations in Feminist Theology and Ethics from Routledge;
- Is there a Judeo-Christian Tradition?: A European Perspective an open access title from De Gruyter;
- Resisting Exclusion: Global Theological Responses to Populism from Lutheran World Federation.
This is part of an ongoing series. Check back in early 2021 for the next announcement of newly added essay collections.
*Atlas PLUS includes all of the titles in Atla’s original full-text product, Atlas, and 180+ additional full-text titles.
Not a subscriber? Learn how here: https://www.atla.com/research/how-to-subscribe/
Want to suggest materials for inclusion in an Atla product? Send title information including ISSN, publisher, and contact information for the legal owner of the journal if known, to our licensing staff.
To view Atla’s title lists click here: https://www.atla.com/research/title-lists/
Established in 1946 as the American Theological Library Association, Atla is a membership association of librarians and information professionals, and a producer of research tools, committed to advancing the study of religion and theology. Atla’s membership includes more than 800 individuals and libraries at academic institutions from diverse religious traditions and backgrounds. As a community of collectors and connectors, Atla works to promote worldwide scholarly communication in religion and theology by advancing the work of libraries and related information providers.
Margot Lyon, +1.872.310.4233, firstname.lastname@example.org
Enjoying the Atla Blog?
Subscribe to receive email alerts of new blog posts of a specific type. Members, subscribers, publishers, or anyone interested in the study of religion & theology are welcome to sign up to one or all alerts to keep up to date with the Atla community. If you or your institution are a member, the Atla Newsletter delivers a monthly curated email of top posts to your email inbox.