Announcing Additions to Atla Products – November 2021
by Todd Aiello/
December 08, 2021
Chicago, IL, December 8, 2021 – Atla is pleased to announce the addition of titles now available in Atla Religion Database® (Atla RDB®), AtlaSerials® (Atlas®) and AtlaSerials PLUS® (Atlas PLUS®).
New Indexing Titles in Atla Religion Database
- Journal of Islam and Social Sciences, published by Pizhūhishkadah-ʼi Ḥawzah va Dānishgāh (Research Institute of Hawzah and University)
- Religion and Social Communication, published by Asian Research Center for Religion and Social Communication
- 불교연구 (Bulgyo-Yongu), published by Han’guk Pulgyo Yŏn’guwŏn
- Wege zum Menschen, published by Vandenhoeck & Ruprecht
- Aethiopica: International Journal of Ethiopian and Eritrean Studies, published by Harrassowitz Publishing House; Universität Hamburg. Institut für Afrikanistik und Äthiopistik
- Biblica et Patristica Thoruniensia, published by Uniwersytet Mikoĺaja Kopernika w Toruniu
- 인격주의 생명윤리 (Personalism Bioethics) published by 가톨릭생명윤리연구소 (Catholic Institute of Bioethics)
New Full-text Journals in Atlas
- Journal of the American Society for Church Growth, published by American Society for Church Growth
- European Journal of Theology, published by Amsterdam University Press
- Taiwan Journal of Theology, published by Taiwan Theological College and Seminary
New Full-text Titles in Atlas PLUS*
- Vox Patrum, published by Institute of History of the Church and Patrology, John Paul II Catholic University of Lublin
- Contemporary Jewry, published by Springer
- International Journal of Hindu Studies, published by Springer
This November, Atla research tools added titles from seven countries, seven languages, and numerous topics.
In Atla Religion Database
- Journal of Islam and Social Sciences, published by Pizhūhishkadah-ʼi Ḥawzah va Dānishgāh (Research Institute of Hawzah and University), is an open access, double-blind, peer-reviewed journal published by the leading research institute in Islamic Humanities and Social Sciences in Iran. It has been established as the first scientific publication in the field of the relationship of religion and science with an Islamic approach in Iran to provide an intellectual platform for national and international researchers working on issues related to the relationship between Islam and social sciences.
- Religion and Social Communication, published by Asian Research Center for Religion and Social Communication, is the publisher’s semiannual scholarly journal. The journal serves as a discussion forum for religion and interreligious dialogue in Asia.
- 불교연구 (Bulgyo-Yongu), Han’guk Pulgyo Yŏn’guwŏn, aims to bring together scholarly research in the philosophy, history, art, and literature of Korean Buddhism. This open access and peer-reviewed journal is one of the pioneering publications among Korean Buddhist scholarship, first published in 1985.
- Wege zum Menschen, published by Vandenhoeck & Ruprecht, serves as a podium for the dialogue between psychology and theology, medicine, sociology, and education. It contains contributions on crossroads issues concerning human life, hot topics, and information of interest to any working with others: psychologists, psychiatrists, and physicians; pastors or chaplains in hospitals, parishes, and counseling centers; teachers, sociologists, and social workers in the community.
- Aethiopica: International Journal of Ethiopian and Eritrean Studies, published by Harrassowitz Publishing House; Universität Hamburg. Institut für Afrikanistik und Äthiopistik, is an internationally refereed academic journal. It focuses on philology, linguistics, archaeology, history, cultural anthropology, religion, philosophy, literature, and manuscript studies with a regional emphasis on Eritrea, Ethiopia, the Horn of Africa, and related areas.
- Biblica et Patristica Thoruniensia, published by Uniwersytet Mikoĺaja Kopernika w Toruniu, is a quarterly journal founded in 2008 at the Faculty of Theology, Nicolaus Copernicus University in Toruń, Poland. Each issue comprises articles devoted to biblistics and patrology, especially the questions concerning patristic exegesis.
- 인격주의 생명윤리 (Personalism Bioethics), published by 가톨릭생명윤리연구소 (Catholic Institute of Bioethics) in South Korea, is dedicated to promoting the discussion on personalistic bioethics and establishing health and medical policies from Catholic perspectives.
- Journal of the American Society for Church Growth, published by American Society for Church Growth, focuses on church-based ministry that aims to help people follow Jesus Christ. It focuses on both the practical and the theoretical aspects of evangelism, church planting, church growth, spiritual formation, church renewal, worship, and missions, both in Anglophone and non-Anglophone cultural contexts.
- European Journal of Theology, published by Amsterdam University Press, is a scholarly evangelical journal, exploring the faith once delivered to the saints, the Gospel, in response to the rapid transformations in post-Christian Europe. It welcomes articles on any area of theology by evangelical theologians. It especially encourages submissions by European authors working in Europe, more specifically those outside the Anglo-Saxon and German regions.
- Taiwan Journal of Theology has been published by Taiwan Theological College and Seminary annually from 1979 to 2019, and its content focuses on areas of systematic theology, biblical studies, church history, practical theology, ecumenics, contextual theology, religious studies, religious education, church and society, liturgy and church music, and other related fields. The articles are written in Chinese or English by Chinese and Western scholars.
In Atlas PLUS
- Vox Patrum, published by Institute of History of the Church and Patrology, John Paul II Catholic University of Lublin, is a patristic journal (quarterly), published since 1981. It is focused on early Christianity, well-known in all patristic centers all over the world. The journal is valued not only for the published scientific articles, but as well because of the published bibliographies, translations, reviews, and documentation of the patristic life in Poland and all around the world.
- Contemporary Jewry, published by Springer, is the only scholarly journal that focuses primarily on the social scientific study of Jewry. It encompasses a variety of social science disciplines, including anthropology, demography, economics, education, ethnography, history, politics, population, social psychology, and sociology. It highlights particular themes in special issues such as Jewish demography, Jewish music, Jews in Canada, and research narratives.
- International Journal of Hindu Studies, published by Springer, offers a scholarly exploration of topics in Hindu studies, fostering new work in neglected areas, alternative perspectives, and the exchange of information. The journal supports critical inquiries, hermeneutical interpretive proposals, and historical investigations into all aspects of Hindu traditions.
* Atlas PLUS includes all of the titles in Atla’s original full-text product, Atlas, and 200+ additional full-text titles.
Not a subscriber? Learn how here: https://www.atla.com/research/how-to-subscribe/
Want to suggest materials for inclusion in an Atla product? Send title information including ISSN, publisher, and contact information for the legal owner of the journal if known, to our licensing staff.
To view Atla’s title lists click here: https://www.atla.com/research/title-lists/
Established in 1946 as the American Theological Library Association, Atla is a membership association of librarians and information professionals, and a producer of research tools, committed to advancing the study of religion and theology. Atla’s membership includes more than 800 individuals and libraries at academic institutions from diverse religious traditions and backgrounds. As a community of collectors and connectors, Atla works to promote worldwide scholarly communication in religion and theology by advancing the work of libraries and related information providers.
Margot Lyon, +1.872.310.4233, email@example.com
Enjoying the Atla Blog?
Subscribe to receive email alerts of new blog posts of a specific type. Members, subscribers, publishers, or anyone interested in the study of religion & theology are welcome to sign up to one or all alerts to keep up to date with the Atla community. If you or your institution are a member, the Atla Newsletter delivers a monthly curated email of top posts to your email inbox.