Atla/ACRL Virtual OER Roadshow Workshop
Atla and the Scholarly Communication and Digital Initiatives Committee have partnered with ACRL to offer Atla members the Virtual Open Educational Resources (OER) and Affordability Roadshow. This informative and interactive event will help attendees understand the basics of OER and how libraries can be involved in affordability initiatives at their institutions. The workshop will be led by Dr. Kathy Essmiller, Assistant Professor of Professional Practice and OER Librarian at Oklahoma State University, and Ariana Santiago, Open Educational Resources Coordinator at the University of Houston Libraries.
After attending this online workshop, participants will be able to:
- Summarize key principles of open educational resources, affordability, and inclusion in order to explain common motivators and opportunities for the adoption, modification, and creation of open and alternative course materials.
- Analyze how existing library skills and tools can be leveraged in order to advance the use of open and affordable resources in a variety of institutional contexts.
- Identify possible roles for librarians and campus partners in supporting open and affordable resource use in order to articulate achievable actions that build community, further knowledge, and/or advance open and affordable resource solutions.
Attendees will participate in two half-day virtual workshops on March 9 from 11 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. Central Time and March 11 from 11 a.m. – 2:15 p.m. Central Time. Attendees must be available to participate in both days’ workshops.
Registration is open to all Atla Individual and Student members and staff currently working at Atla Institutional member libraries. Registration is limited, and those who register after the attendance cap is reached will be placed on a waitlist. Registration closes on February 28, 2022.
REGISTRATION IS CLOSED
The fee for a single registration is $49 USD.
Log into the My Atla web portal and click Upcoming Events in the top right corner to register for this event. Select the ACRL OER Roadshow event and fill out your information, answer event questions, and submit your payment to register.
If you plan on applying for a scholarship (see below), do not register for this event until after February 11. You will need a unique code to checkout.
During the registration process, registrants will be asked an event question:
What do you hope to learn by attending this workshop?
Save money by registering as a group! A maximum of three persons per library or institution may register. Take advantage of discounted group pricing by using the coupon code Group15 at checkout.
If you are registering as a group, we recommend registering together. Members can register a colleague as long as they are on their library’s roster. Not sure if they are on your roster? To update your library’s roster, log in to the My Atla web portal and visit the My Affiliations tab, select the ellipsis icon next to your primary affiliation, then select Manage My Roster to add or remove individuals. Only the member representative will be able to edit the library’s roster. Once your roster is up to date, you can register your colleague.
To register for this event:
- Log into the My Atla web portal and click Upcoming Events in the top right corner.
- Select the ACRL OER Roadshow event and choose “Register Myself” or “Register a Colleague.” You may register up to three people for this event.
- Don’t forget to add the code above to receive the group discount!
Apply for a Scholarship
A limited number of scholarships are available for a single registration fee. If you wish to be considered for a registration fee scholarship, please complete the application form by January 31, 2022. Scholarship recipients will be notified by February 11, 2022.
Recipients of the scholarship will receive a coupon code to register for the event. Do not register for this event until after you have received the code on February 11.
If you have any questions about the event, please contact us.
Not a member? Join today!