Join our community of collectors & connectors from around the world.
Attend engaging sessions, network with other librarians and scholars in the field of religion & theology, and meet with vendors to support your library and research needs.
Save the date for Atla Annual 2021 in Forth Worth, Texas, June 16-19, and online.
What’s New in the Proposal Form?
- Instructional text for each field to clearly indicate the required response(s) that will convey the overall essence of your proposal
- Audience takeaways have replaced learning outcomes
- Training webinars from Atla to inform you of best practices for submitting a proposal
- The option to include an online presenter if it is a panel
- Committees, regional groups, and others can reserve meeting space for business meetings
Given public health concerns related to the pandemic and the increased volume of attendees at Atla Annual 2020 Online, the Conference Committee is planning a hybrid experience for 2021. We expect some conference sessions will be held in person and some will be held online. One of the very first questions you will encounter on our revised proposal submission form asks where you would prefer to present: in person, online, or either.
The revised form contains several other noteworthy changes. You will find that the new form asks for a complete session description, one that you would be proud to see printed, devoid of typos and clearly expressing an overview of the content of your session. Please be sure to spell check and proofread, and you may even consider asking a colleague or friend to review it. As in previous conferences, we will return to 50-minute sessions. Also, new this year, rather than solicit learning outcomes, we are asking you to consider what attendees will take away from your session. Please be thoughtful in developing session goals or major takeaways that attendees will remember long after your presentation.
As a reminder, here is the conference proposal timeline:
Conference proposal timeline
- November 2020 – Call for proposals
- December 2020 – Webinars detailing best practices for submitting a successful proposal
- January 3, 2021 – Deadline for conference proposal submissions
- January/February 2021 – Conference committee reviews submissions
- February 2021 – Notification to proposal submitters
Submissions are due on Sunday, January 3, 2021. Remember that leaders of interest groups and denominational groups should also use this form, submitting business meetings or presentation sessions on behalf of their group.
The Conference Committee looks forward to reading and considering your proposals!
Read our FAQs
Sign up for alerts to be notified as more information becomes available about Atla Annual.