Presenters’ Guide – Atla Annual 2022
We are excited to have you present at Atla Annual 2022. This Presenter’s Guide will help you prepare for your conference session.
This year, all concurrent sessions will be presented to a hybrid audience, regardless of presenter location. If you will be presenting online, the experience will be identical to presenting online at a Zoom meeting. If you are presenting in person, please note you will be using the laptop already set up in the conference room. It will not be possible to switch that computer with your own.
Before Your Session
We encourage you to use the Atla Annual 2022 PowerPoint Template. Download the file here.
If you use your own design, please be sure the minimum font size used is 24 pt. Anything smaller will be difficult for in-person attendees to read.
Upload Files to Sched
Your files are needed for staff to prepare the conference room computer and ensure everything is set up and ready ahead of time.
Upload your slides or other resources for your session in Sched no later than Monday, June 6.
In-person Presenters: If your presentation is not ready to upload by this date, please be sure to bring the files with you on a USB Flash Drive. Upload as soon as you are able.
Online presenters: Uploading your slides will allow staff to be able to display your slides to in-person and online audiences in the event of technical difficulties.
Add Your Session to Your Sched List
If presenting online, you will need to add your session to your Sched account so that you have access to the Zoom room link.
On the Day of Your Session
We will be using Zoom Meetings for the online component of the conference.
A Producer and Host will be in your session the entire time to facilitate the hybrid conference experience. The Producer will make sure your audio, video, and slides are working and will troubleshoot technical issues. The Host will introduce you and facilitate online Q&A.
All sessions are being recorded and comments made in the chat log will be saved. Recordings will only be made available to attendees if all presenters per session have agreed to do so.
Online Presenter Instructions
- Click the Zoom link to your session in Sched 10 minutes before your session begins.
- The Producer will let you into the meeting from the Waiting Room. They will ensure everything is working well and will begin letting people into the room.
- The Host will start off the session by introducing you, your session title, and any co-presenters.
- If you have technical difficulties during your session, the Producer will help you. The Host will monitor the time and assist with the Q&A.
- During Q&A, the Host will help you identify when attendees in the in-person audience have questions. They will also point out questions from the online audience, but you may want to keep an eye on the chat for questions that come from the online audience as well.
- At the end of your time, the Producer will close the session.
- Please have your video camera on while presenting, if possible. You will appear to the in-person attendees like this:
In-Person Presenter Instructions
- Enter your assigned conference room 10 minutes prior to the beginning of your scheduled session to meet with the Host and Producer.
- Check that your presentation is set up on the computer correctly and is ready for you.
- The Zoom meeting will already be active, and your slides will be shared on the projector as well as to the Zoom meeting. If you are using PowerPoint, the laptop at the front of the room will be displaying the Speaker’s View with any notes and the upcoming slide. Do not change the display or Zoom settings.
- The Host will briefly introduce you, your session title, and any co-presenters.
- Present to the room as you normally would to an in-person audience.
- During the Q&A period, you may field questions from the in-person audience, and the Host will raise their hand to ask questions from the online audience. Be sure to alternate in-person and online questions by calling on the Host in the back of the room if they have their hand up.
- Let the Producer handle the computer. Please do not log out of Zoom or change any of the settings.
Attend a Webinar on Submitting to the Summary of Proceedings
Keep sharing after Atla Annual by submitting your session to the Summary of Proceedings! Editor-in-Chief Derek Rieckens and Atla’s Scholarly Communication & Digital Initiatives Manager Christine Fruin will review the required components of a submission to the Proceedings and demonstrate the submission process. There will be plenty of time for questions and answers on preparing your paper or panel presentation for publication.
Register for one of the following dates:
If you cannot make it, no problem! A recording of this webinar will be uploaded to this page.
Submit to Proceedings by Thursday, July 15.
Atla Annual 2022 PowerPoint Template (click to download)
Anything We Missed?
We tried to anticipate most of your questions, but we may have missed some. Let us know what we missed and we’ll add it to this page.