We are excited to have you present at Atla Annual 2020 Online. We have provided this helpful Presenter’s Guide to help you prepare for your online session.
Upload Files to Sched
Upload your slides or digital poster file to your session in Sched by Monday, June 15.
In the event of technical issues, Atla staff can quickly access your slides and display them. Registered attendees will be able to download your slides for future reference. Here is a helpful guide to show you how to upload your files.
Contact us if you have trouble with this.
Sign up for a Test Session
We’re offering 10-minute practice sessions in our Zoom webinar room, to test your system and ensure things go smoothly. Sign up for a 10-minute session this week.
Attend a Webinar on Submitting to the Summary of Proceedings
Editor-in-Chief Kris Veldheer and Atla’s Scholarly Communication Coordinator Race MoChridhe will demonstrate the submission process and answer all your questions in a short webinar on Wednesday, June 10, at 1 pm CDT. Register today!
If you cannot make it this Wednesday, no problem! A recording of this webinar will be uploaded to the Presenter’s Guide page.
Submit to Proceedings by Monday, July 15.
These two videos were created to offer tips for presenting online with video, and for creating slides.
Setting Up Your Computer For An Online Presentation
- Setting up video and audio
- Solving internet issues
Top 5 Tips For Creating Slides
We made a PowerPoint template for you to use if you’d like!
On the Day of Your Session
A producer and host will be in your session the entire time to help facilitate the online conference experience. The producer will help make sure your audio, video, and slides are working and will troubleshoot attendee technical questions. The host will help make everyone feel welcome, do introductions, and facilitate Q&A.
- Click the Zoom link to your session in Sched 10 minutes before your session begins.
- When you enter Zoom you will be in practice mode. The producer will make sure everything is working well and will begin the broadcast.
- All sessions are being recorded and all comments made in the chat log and Q&A will be saved. Recordings will only be made available On Demand if all presenters per session agreed to do so. Atla staff will create a log of all questions to send you after the event.
- During your session, if you have any difficulties the producer will be there to help you and the host will assist with questions and monitor the time.
- At the end of your time, the producer will close the session.
Anything We Missed?
We tried to anticipate most of your questions, we may have missed some. Let us know what we have missed and we’ll add to this page.