Thank you for your support of Atla Annual 2020 Online. We have provided this helpful Vendor’s Guide to help you prepare for your online session.
On the Day of the Virtual Vendor Social
The Virtual Vendor Social is your hour to meet with conference attendees and to assist in the Teleportation Passport Game. The Social is Thursday, June 18, at 12:30 pm – 1:30 pm Central Time.
We will have an Atla staff facilitator in your Zoom room to do the following:
- Begin the Zoom session and allow people into the meeting
- Provide technical support for the vendor and attendees
- Monitor the chat for technical support questions and Passport questions, but will leave other questions for you to answer
- Conclude the session on time
Before the session
- Click the Zoom link to your session in Sched 10 minutes before your session begins.
- An Atla Facilitator will admit you into the meeting and will assist you in checking your audio and video settings and help you test screen sharing your slides (if applicable).
- The Atla Facilitator will ask you if you prefer to have a max number of participants in the meeting or if you prefer to have all participants admitted throughout the meeting.
- They will also discuss with you the use of Breakroom Rooms.
- The meeting will begin on time at 12:30 pm Central Time.
During the session
Conference attendees will be coming in and out of your meeting throughout the Virtual Vendor Social, which is one hour (12:30 pm to 1:30 pm Central Time).
- Some members may choose to use the chatbox instead of video or audio. Please pay attention to the chatbox.
- Atla Facilitators will only answer questions concerning technical issues or if they have specific questions on the mechanics of the Passport Game.
- This is your hour to socialize with attendees however you’d like and to participate in the Teleportation Passport Game (see instructions below).
Teleportation Passport Game
- We are encouraging attendees to visit every vendor room by enticing them with a prize drawing!
- Attendees will ask you for your color when they come into your room (Tawny Burgess, Exhibitor Coordinator, will have emailed you this).
- You may choose to visually show off your color (on a slide, in your presentation, Zoom background, holding up a piece of paper, or even by wearing it) or by saying it out loud to attendees. You may also choose to type it in the chat. It’s up to you! We encourage you to share in a wide range of ways for accessibility reasons.
- Please note: attendees who enter a meeting cannot see past chats.
- Attendees will gather these colors from exhibitors and fill out a form, which will include their name, institutional, and email address.
- Atla will announce winners via email on Friday to all attendees.
- Winner(s) of your prize(s) will be instructed to reach out to you to receive their award.
- Prizes may include subscriptions to your product or service, gift card, books, etc.
- Exhibitors who donate prizes will receive the entire list of entrants, including their contact information.
Ending the session
- The Atla Facilitator will close out the meeting at 1:30 pm Central Time. They will thank you for supporting Atla Annual and will remind attendees to fill out the Passport form.
- The staff facilitator will end the Zoom meeting.
After the session
- Feel free to attend other sessions by logging into Sched using your registration information.
- If you chose to donate something to the Passport Game, you will receive the contact information of those attendees who participated in the game within one week of the conference.
- The winner of your prize will be instructed to contact you. If you have not already, inform Tawny Burgess who the contact person is for the prize.
Never used Zoom Meetings before? Here’s a helpful resource.
Presenting a Session
If you are one of our sponsors, please view our Presenter’s Guide.