Toggle font size
February 27, 2019
Grand Rapids, MI
Hiring Institution:Hekman Library, serving Calvin Theological Seminary and Calvin College, welcomes applications for a theological librarian to lead the library’s theological research instruction, reference, and resources needs of students (on-site and distance) and faculty of the seminary and college. Collegially, the theological librarian teams with other librarians to support and develop the library’s instruction programs and collections, equipping all library users to confidently access and use thousands of print and electronic resources through various catalogs, databases, and e-resources.
Position SummaryThe Theological Librarian has lead responsibility for the theological collections and services of Hekman Library and oversees a part-time theological librarian as they serve the college and seminary to provide reference and research services, research and information literacy instruction, assists with development of the theological collection, and other library support services as assigned. The Theological Librarian functions as the assistant library dean for seminary-related matters, and performs administrative functions which are assigned by the dean, and may serve as acting dean in the dean's absence. For a detailed job description and position requirements, visit employment.calvin.edu or https://tinyurl.com/theo-librarian
- Master’s Degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited institution.
- Theological astuteness with an advanced degree in theology and/or biblical studies and languages.
- Professional competence, initiative, productivity, creativity, and problem-solving ability within a technologically-rich environment.
- Experience in research instruction, reference, and collection development.
- Flexibility and ability to work comfortably in a collaborative and complex organizational structures across multiple supporting institutions.
- Effective communication abilities.
- Proven ability to work with a minimum of supervision.