The Reference Librarian provides assistance in research and reference to all patrons; plans and implements bibliographic instruction; instructs patrons in use of electronic resources; conducts library tours and orientations for new patrons and seminary guests; supervises student circulation assistants; provides interlibrary loan services; answers questions about and provides access to Special Collections; maintains Library’s website and other electronic resources.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- ALA accredited MLS or equivalent degree required
- Reference experience or training and a strong commitment to providing public services to a diverse community with a variety of academic backgrounds
- Educational background in religion or humanities; degree in theology or familiarity with Episcopal Church history & polity preferred
- Good computer skills and familiarity with library software and electronic resources
- Flexibility to work cooperatively in a small staff and be responsive to changing needs and priorities Ability to work at a computer/desk for extended periods of time and lift up to 30 lbs., bend, kneel, or stoop, push heavy bookcart.
- Experience or interest in working with special collections
- Experience providing writing support preferred
- Archives experience or training preferred
Salary & Benefits
Salary $45,000-$55,000 depending on skills and experience. Excellent benefits including TIAA Pension, medical, and dental. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Interested qualified candidates should forward resume and three references to: email@example.com