Technical Services Librarian
Louisville Presbyterian Theological Seminary seeks a professional librarian who is user-centered and excited by bibliographic metadata, information, and communications technologies to join the staff of E.M. White Library in support of the educational mission and vision of the seminary.
The library seeks to serve the mission of Louisville Seminary through our collections and services. Our collection of 195,000 resources represents a range of formats, a diversity of subjects, and multiple viewpoints, including historically oppressed and marginalized voices. Our library services include remote access for Louisville Seminary students and faculty through WMS/Discovery and licensed subscriptions to a wide array of digital resources, including 12,284 e-books, 88 electronic databases, resources, and 2,711 electronic journals, approximately.
Technical Services Librarian
Performs the technical services of the library in a collaborative team environment
- Maintain the library functions for
- acquisitions (ordering, invoicing, receiving)
- serials (ordering, check-in, claiming, binding, linking)
- cataloging (all formats including e-books, electronic periodicals, and resources)
- metadata (for emerging digital projects, collections, and repositories) and
- library systems administration, including patron remote access and social media.
- Develop, analyze, implement, and document procedures for technical services.
- Collaborate with library staff to create optimal access to library resources and instill a love of scholarship and learning.
- Create instructional materials, and participate in library circulation, reference, and online help desk duties, including evening and weekends.
- Adaptable and collegial with a positive outlook and interest in user experiences and needs.
- Strong commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity and inclusion and the unique “whosoever” mission of the seminary.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform other tasks necessary at the request of the Director.
Qualifications and Attributes
- A master's degree in library/information science from an ALA-accredited school.
- At least three years of progressively responsible bibliographic metadata management and systems experience, including one year in technical services work.
- Post-M.L.S./M.L.I.S. experience in an academic library.
- Ability to work as a member of a small team and communicate effectively.
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Familiarity with ecumenical and interreligious traditions.
- Scholarly communication, digital technologies, and social media experience.
How to Apply
Interested candidates must send electronically: 1) a letter of interest; 2) curriculum vitae; and 3) three letters of reference to:
Dr. Anita Coleman
Interviews for the position will begin immediately and continue until it is filled.
Louisville Seminary is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, or disability.