Public Services Librarian
Louisville Presbyterian Theological Seminary seeks a Public Services Librarian who is user-centered and excited by bibliographic metadata, information, and communications technologies, to join the staff of E.M. White Library in support of the educational mission and vision of the seminary. The library seeks to serve the mission of Louisville Seminary through our collections and services. Our collection of 195,000 resources represents a range of formats, a diversity of subjects, and multiple viewpoints, including historically oppressed and marginalized voices. Our library services include remote access for Louisville Seminary students and faculty through WMS/Discovery and licensed subscriptions to a wide array of digital resources, including 12,284 ebooks, 88 electronic databases, resources, and 2,711 electronic journals.
Performs the day-to-day administration, access, and library services in a collaborative team environment.
- Oversees the day-to-day operations and maintains library functions for the broad areas of:
- Circulation and Information Desk services, including evening and weekend hours on a rotation schedule
- Course Reserves (electronic and print)
- Reference (on-demand services for faculty, students, staff, and other library patrons face-to-face, email, phone, and online)
- Inter-Library Loan
- Collection Development (all formats including electronic collections and ongoing assessment)
- Helps to develop and implement a comprehensive strategy for the Library's reference services, with special attention to the needs of online learners
- Collaborates in the development of the library's emerging instructional program
- Serves as library contact for student orientations and leads library classes/tours, as needed
- Creates instructional materials in diverse formats that enable individuals to use the library's resources more effectively for their own research and future vocations.
- Provides instruction in formatting and citation styles. May teach research tools such as Zotero.
- Creates periodic displays from collections
- Manages archives and museum collections
- Prepares monthly reports of library usage and collections
- Supervises and trains student library workers
- Strong commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity and inclusion and the unique "whosoever" mission of the seminary
- Other duties may be assigned
- Perform other tasks necessary
Qualifications and Attributes
- A master's degree in library/information science from an ALA-accredited school.
- At least five years of progressively responsible library management, discovery, reference and user experience in a theological library or academic library with religious studies.
- Post-M.L.S./M.L.I.S. experience in an academic library.
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of a small team and communicate effectively.
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- An additional master's degree in Theology, Religion, or Black Church Studies, Marriage and Family Therapy/Psychology.
- Familiarity with ecumenical and interreligious traditions.
- Experience in electronic collection development, web access, discovery services, and GLAM (Galleries, Libraries, Archives, and Museums).
How To Apply
Interested candidates must send electronically: 1) a letter of interest; 2) curriculum vitae; and 3) three letters of reference to:
Dr. Anita Coleman
Interviews for the position will begin immediately and will continue until it is filled.
Louisville Seminary is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, or disability.
1044 Alta Vista Road, Louisville, KY 40207 (502) 895-3411 www.lpts.edu