Electronic Resources Librarian
The Rolfing Memorial Library at Trinity International University seeks a service-oriented, versatile, and collaborative librarian with a desire to invest in a Christian higher education environment. The Electronic Resources Librarian will manage all aspects of the life cycle of electronic resources, including acquisition, cataloging, licensing, access, evaluation, and maintenance.
- Manage access to serials and database collections in support of academic research. Troubleshoot common problems, manage license agreements, educate on copyright, and assist users with access issues.
- Oversee collection development policies, budgets, and assessment for serials and databases. Compile usage statistics and annual reports. Propose changes based on university mission, programs, and enrollment.
- Catalog and update bibliographic records for e-resource collections following current cataloging guidelines.
- Hire, train, and supervise part-time serials employee(s) to do print serials processing and bindery shipments.
- Provide some reference assistance and/or serve as library liaison for assigned academic departments.
- Assist with Interlibrary Loan.
- Pursue professional development through library associations, workshops, and library literature.
- Perform other professional library duties as prescribed by the Director of University Library Services.
- Supportive of Trinity’s mission and core values, commitment to a Christian lifestyle, and demonstration of character in keeping with biblical models.
- MLS/MLIS degree from an ALA-accredited program or commensurate library experience preferred.
- Two years of e-resources library experience in an academic library preferred.
- Experience cataloging, preferably using Ex Libris’ Alma library system and OCLC Connexion.
- Excellent skills in analysis, evaluation, and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated capacity to effectively train and supervise part-time employees.
- Foreign language competency (particularly Korean, Spanish, Greek, or Hebrew) preferred.
TIU is committed to excellence through diversity in its faculty, staff, and students. We encourage applicants with varied backgrounds and who have gained skills and experiences outside of the qualifications listed above to apply.
Please apply at TIU Human Resources. This position will remain open until filled. However, applications received by May 17, 2021, will receive first consideration. The hoped-for start date is June 7, 2021, but this date is negotiable depending on the needs of the applicant. If you have any questions, please contact Rebecca Donald, Director of University Library Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org.