Public Services Librarian
Full time / Exempt
Academic Affairs (Library)
Director of Library Services
- Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains student employees.
- Supervises library staff member.
- Provides annual performance evaluations of library staff member and student employees.
- Lift 10-20 pounds and push and pull book carts over 100 pounds on a regular basis.
- Sit for prolonged periods at a desk and work on a computer.
- See clearly for both close and distant vision.
The Public Services Librarian manages library services at Lancaster Bible College Library and leads in the supervision of student employees to ensure a positive user experience across all Lancaster Bible College locations.
- The desire to grow, develop, and mature, both spiritually and professionally.
- The ability to create and maintain a Christian professional atmosphere in all internal and external relationships.
- A commitment to ministry and encouragement of others toward the same.
- A spirit of cooperation and willingness to serve as a team.
Education and Experience
- Master of Library Science (MLS) or equivalent from an ALA-accredited program.
- Additional graduate degree preferred.
- Three years of library experience in an academic environment.
- Minimum of one-year supervisory experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills.
- Strong management skills to organize day-to-day workflows.
- Models attitude of a Christian professional and demonstrates respect for others.
- Strong commitment to collaboration and library teamwork both internally in the department and externally with other departments.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft products (Word, Excel, and Outlook) and experience using an integrated library system.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and supervise library public services including circulation, daily operations, library technical equipment, and resource-sharing between LBC locations.
- Manage supervision of one PT staff and student employees to ensure the consistent application of policy and procedures of the institution and library public services.
- Provide information, answer questions, and oversee public communication to library patrons.
- Oversee daily workflow of the Circulation & Information Desk.
- Plan, collect, and interpret data for assessment of public services.
- Coordinate with Head of Research and Instruction for consistent communication of public services in an online environment.
- Oversee course reserve process.
- Oversee the process of shipping and receiving library items between locations and with online students.
- Generate circulation reports of the Integrated Library System as needed for annual statistics and for overdue or lost books.
- Train library staff at two additional locations on using the circulation module of WorldShare Management Services (WMS).
- Monitor and create reports of the library budget for student employee salaries.
- Perform other related duties as needed.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit the following: cover letter; resume; and spiritual testimony to Human Resources. Please put the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email.