Research and Instruction Librarian
Roberts Wesleyan College invites applications for a full-time, 11-month Research & Instruction Librarian, available immediately. This academic support faculty position is responsible to the Director of Library Services for the supervision and assessment of the library’s information literacy instruction program, liaison program, and research assistance services. The Research & Instruction Librarian will collaborate with faculty and librarians to develop methods of delivering information literacy instruction and reference services to a growing population of adult and online students.
The Research & Instruction Librarian will be part of a service-oriented team of library staff and faculty committed to the delivery of excellent library services supported by adopted technologies. Opened in 2007, the B. Thomas Golisano Library features green technology (LEED Silver Certification), ample computer access, wireless connectivity, innovative design, and varied and comfortable study spaces. A student constituency in excess of 1,700 includes resident, commuter, adult/non-traditional, and distance/online learner populations.
Requirements include a graduate degree in library or information science from an ALA-accredited program; a strong commitment to the integration of Christian faith, diversity, and professional practice as well as, a willingness to support and identify with the College’s Christian mission and identity. Two years of professional-level library work experience required, including information literacy/classroom instruction, online education/instruction, reference service models, scholarly library research, and writing goals/objectives. Experience with Alma/Primo and office software is a plus; a second graduate degree in a subject discipline is helpful, though not required.
- Designs, oversees, and assesses a campus-wide information literacy program, which includes library instruction for General Education courses.
- Oversees and assesses the library’s liaison program, which includes regular professional development activities for librarians.
- Coordinates the library’s research assistance services, including the orientation of librarians and student workers responsible for providing research assistance.
- Collaborates with the Systems Librarian in exploring, developing, and implementing appropriate reference services (including virtual services).
- Provides leadership in systematically reviewing and updating reference service policies, procedures, and collections.
- Collaborates with other librarians in performing copy and original cataloging through Alma.
- Collaborates with librarians and faculty in identifying new methods for delivering library services in alignment with DEI objectives.
- Serves as a liaison between the library and the faculty of one or more schools, which includes providing information literacy instruction, assignment development/refinement, research assistance, and communication of new and changing library services.
- Participates in campus-wide faculty responsibilities including service on committees, student recruitment, retention, and mentoring.
- Actively engages in professional development through national/regional/local organizations, campus, community, and other service-oriented activities.
Review of applications will begin immediately and applications will be accepted and reviewed until the position is filled. A completed Application for Faculty Position is required (available at www.roberts.edu/employment). Applicants should send the completed application, a letter of interest, and a resume or CV to:
Meredith Ader, Director of Library Services
B. Thomas Golisano Library
Roberts Wesleyan College
2301 Westside Drive
Rochester, NY 14624-1997
For electronic submission of application materials or further information, please contact Mrs. Ader at:
Persons from underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Roberts Wesleyan College complies with all applicable non-discrimination laws and is committed to the enhancement of human dignity and workplace diversity.