Category of Employment:
Amount of work:
10-20 hours per week
The mission of Catholic Distance University is to communicate the mind and heart of the Church in a digital world.
The CDU librarian serves at the frontier of library science at an entirely digital university. The University Librarian has the sole responsibility for the administration of all services and resources of the CDU Library. The librarian provides the materials, organizes the collections, and then assists students, faculty, and staff users in obtaining materials required for classes and research papers.
- Select books and other library resources for purchase or license.
- Negotiate agreements with vendors for electronic resources.
- Catalog in MARC record format ebooks and print books.
- Formulate the yearly budget and oversee budgetary expenditures.
- Process payments and receipts in coordination with the Business Office.
- Library Resources
- Communicate with faculty and students on the various resources available through the library.
- Develop information literacy training, library orientation, and instruction for the students.
- Serve on various committees i.e. University Operations, Academic Committee, and Steering Committee.
- Work with the various Accreditation committees by writing reports and maintaining statistics.
- Develop strategic planning and goal setting for the Library.
- Oversee collection and reporting of statistics and surveys.
- Professional development
- Engage in research, writing, and professional activity that enables the University and the library to stay abreast of current trends in theological librarianship.
- Keeps abreast of developments in higher education and in library science, especially the technical advances in library programs.
- Reference Services
- Provides reference services to library users.
- Assists teachers in online courses and prepares research guides.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- An MS in Library and Information Science.
- A BA or at minimum a minor in Catholic Theology.
- Must have experience working in a digital library.
- Must have experience working with discovery layer technology.
- Preferably have experience working in a remote and online environment coaching students.
- Preferably have experience with the Canvas and Populi.
- Complete knowledge of and fidelity to the teachings of the Catholic Church.
- A commitment to student support and success.
If interested, please submit your resume and cover letter to Mrs. Amy Shouse, HR manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Catholic Distance University does not discriminate against any applicant or student on the basis of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, or any other status protected by applicable law.