Loras College is a private Catholic college in Dubuque, Iowa, and is the oldest post-secondary institution in the state. It has an enrollment of approximately 1,600 students and offers both undergraduate and graduate degree programs.
Under the supervision of the Library Director, works in a collaborative environment to perform original and complex copy cataloging of the materials located in the Special Collections room. This is a temporary position during the summer of 2022.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Responsible for copy cataloging and all original/complex cataloging.
- Responsible for performing all aspects of the cataloging process using Connexion, WMS, and classifying using the Dewey Decimal Classification System.
- Maintains routine communication and coordination with the Library Director.
- Assists the public as needed.
- Supports the mission and vision of the College and respects the College's Catholic tradition.
- MLS/MLIS degree from an ALA-accredited program or recognized equivalent.
- Based on relevant coursework or experience familiarity with principles of cataloging, classification, and authority control, a bibliographic utility (e.g., OCLC) and integrated library system, RDA guidelines, Library of Congress Subject Headings, and strong communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible, adapt to change, and initiate learning and skill development.
- Demonstrated strong planning and project management skills and experience.
- Ability to identify problems, think creatively, and carry out solutions independently or as part of a group or team.
- Experience cataloging rare book materials.
Applicants must go to: http://loras.applicantpool.com to apply. Please upload your letter of application and resume. The finalist will need to pass a background check before receiving a written employment offer.
Loras College is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an educational and work environment that is inclusive, rich in diversity, and supportive of all students, faculty, and staff. Individuals from diverse racial, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.