Archives & Special Collections Librarian
The position serves as the archivist for the Theology Library's archival and special collections. The position provides leadership to the library staff for environmental controls and adequate preservation of library resources, especially for items located in the library's locked and climate-controlled collection space. The position serves as the Archivist for the New England Conference of the United Methodist Church.
Essential Functions include:
- Maintains Theology Library archival and special collections.
- Includes: developing and documenting policies and procedures for archival collections; communicating with donors and managing donor agreements; using specialized software to process collections and create finding aids; hiring, training and managing interns and student workers for processing archival collections; managing library off-site storage for archival collections.
- Provides public outreach for archival collections. Includes creating and maintaining exhibitions in the library and throughout the School of Theology; providing reference assistance bibliographic instruction related especially to archival and special collections, as well as to information literacy and library research; maintaining library web pages for archival and special collections; selecting items from collections for digitization and overseeing digitization process
- Serves as the Archivist for the New England Conference of the United Methodist Church. Includes regular meetings with representatives from the NECUMC, travel to New England area churches for donations, processing and preservation of the NECUMC archival collections
- Manages library space for adequate preservation of archival and other materials in the locked collection. Includes overseeing cleaning and environmental controls in the library's locked and climate-controlled collection space
- Master's degree in library science and 2 years of experience working in archives required
- Master's degree in Library Science with a concentration in Archives