Access Services and Acquisitions Librarian
The Access Services & Acquisitions Librarian is responsible for the operation of the library circulation desk and related functions including student employee supervision, overdue materials processing, stacks maintenance, and the management of library printing services. This position is also responsible for library back office processes including the acquisition of library materials and financial transactions. This position is also responsible for managing the library’s interlibrary loan and mail services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to accomplish each of the below duties satisfactorily:
Access Services (65%)
- Preside over library circulation and front desk operations.
- Hire, train, supervise, and evaluate student employees.
- Manage overdue materials and process fines.
- Lead all stacks maintenance operations including sorting, shelving, shelf-reading, and shifting materials.
- Partner with the IT department to ensure that the library’s student computers and printing/copying services are performing at an optimal level.
- Respond to patron complaints and resolve issues, such as inappropriate patron conduct, including - but not limited to - talking on cell phones and other inappropriate noise levels.
- Assist the Director in evaluating services, developing procedures, recommending policies, establishing work priorities, and planning improvements for the library.
- Assist the Director in managing the library’s back office operations and organization.
- Administer the exchange of library materials through the library’s interlibrary loan (ILL) service, including daily mail pickup and distribution.
- Assist the Director with the financial oversight of the library including budget preparation, invoicing, and purchasing.
- Assist the Director with the selecting, ordering, receiving, recording, cataloging, and processing of new library resources, supplies, and equipment.
- Assist the Director with the maintenance of financial records, preparation of reports, and compiling of statistical information.
- Work evenings and/or weekends.
- Compile annual library statistical reports on library usage, circulation, acquisition, patron services, and all other vital data pertaining to program evaluation and assessment.
- Assist the Instruction and Outreach Librarian with reference instruction and chat.
- Other duties may be assigned from time to time.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Minimum of two years' experience in an academic library or other library setting is required. MLIS from an ALA-accredited program is highly desired.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Evidence of superior planning and organizational skills.
- Strong work ethic and service orientation.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to supervise student employees with patience and persistence.
- Experience with using an integrated library system (ILS), preferably OCLC’s WorldShare Management Services (WMS).
- Ability to calculate and manage accounting financial records.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications for documentation and reporting (Excel, Word, etc.).
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees and patrons.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ration, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Attitude and Demeanor:
- Exemplify Christian philosophy of the Concordia University Irvine’s Mission statement in all aspects of day-to-day duties and responsibilities assigned to the position.
- Communicate warmth, understanding, and helpfulness when interacting with students, staff, faculty, and the general public.
- Make sure that behavior and dress are appropriate for the environment of a Christian university.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with all who come into contact with this department.
- Exhibit a cheerful, positive, loyal, team member attitude toward the purposes, programs, policies, and goals of Concordia University.
- Respect and maintain confidentiality on matters pertaining to the Human Resources Office and the campus as a whole.
- Constantly strive to improve performance.
Apply here: https://cui.applicantpro.com/jobs/2610098.html