Job PostingsAccess Services Librarian
Toggle font size
Access Services Librarian
February 15, 2023
West Palm Beach, Florida
Warren Library, Palm Beach Atlantic University
Palm Beach Atlantic University invites applications for a faculty librarian position at a leading Christian university in a vibrant and growing area of beautiful south Florida. This position manages the operations of the library’s service desk and related processes.
- Manages daily library operations and front desk activities including, room reservations, mailings, ordering supplies, and overseeing service desk equipment
- Serves as first point of contact for inquiries, providing high service.
- Coordinates the maintenance of all physical library collections, including re-shelving, shelf reading, organizing, and intermittent stack inventory.
- Administers course reserves as requested by faculty.
- Forms and interprets library policies to students, faculty, and other patrons.
- Recruits, oversees, evaluates, and schedules student assistants serving in access services.
- Provides in-person and online reference service and consultation.
- Designs and leads workshops in the Library’s instruction classroom.
- Creates research tools such as LibGuides.
- Engages in an active life of scholarship appropriate to the instructional and service role of the academic librarian.
- Participate as a member of the University Faculty, including serving on University and Library committees as assigned.
- Master’s degree in library or information science from an ALA-accredited institution.
- An additional advanced degree within a discipline of the University’s academic program is preferred.
- Experience working in an academic library along with teaching information literacy preferred.
For more details, and to apply online, see the job posting at the institution’s website.
Review begins March 3, 2023. Start date Summer 2023.