Director of the Warren Library
Palm Beach Atlantic University is excited to announce a search for the next Director of the Warren Library. The Director provides administrative oversight of the library programs, facilities, and personnel, administers the budget, and ensures the library operates within institutional policies and professional best practices.
- Overall administration of all library operations and programs, including the University Archives, Special Collections and the Orlando campus library.
- Establishes a vision for the library’s resources, facilities, and services through budget development, staff leadership, and faculty collaboration.
- Develop library policies for library access, teaching, and research.
- Advocates for and encourage support for faculty in the development of library instructional, research, and service programs targeting both undergraduate and graduate students
- Recruit and supervise the library staff and student workers that align with the university’s mission; and, provide professional development opportunities to grow within the organization.
- Develop annual departmental goals that align with the university’s vision by maintaining use data and reports.
- Serve on committees, task forces, and other roles of service to the institution.
- Facilitate use of the facilities for institutional events and collaborate with other schools and administrative units within the university to use and promote the library and its facility.
- Establish a culture of customer relationships and deliver customer-centric solutions.
- Preside over meetings of library faculty/staff and meet monthly with the Associate Provost.
- Attend faculty and university functions as ambassador of the library.
- Record of experience demonstrating strong analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with and work well with a diverse staff and user population.
- Record of collaboration and facilitating a team-based culture of collegiality and customer service
- Graduate degree in Library Science from an ALA-accredited program. Second masters or higher preferred.
- 7 years of experience in academic libraries, including supervisory experience.
Palm Beach Atlantic University is situated in one of the most vibrant and growing locations in the United States with outstanding cultural, educational, and recreational opportunities, located less than a mile from the beautiful Atlantic Ocean. The Warren Library building was constructed in 2007 and is one of the newest, most modern structures in Christian higher education.
Palm Beach Atlantic University is an evangelical Christian college, and all staff must agree with the university's Guiding Principles.
Review of applications will begin in early March and projected start date is summer 2023
For more information and to apply, please visit this page.