Project Digital Asset Librarian
The PDAL will coordinate digitization of selections from the library’s physical archives and rare books, manage ingest of content into the digital collection platform, and produce documentation for related workflows and processes. Additionally, the PDAL will work alongside the Curator of Archives and Manuscripts and the Systems and Digital Scholarship Librarian to ensure that the library is maximizing its capability to serve digital assets to student, faculty, and researchers. The PDAL will supervise student employee(s) in the digitization and/or development processes.
The PDAL will also serve as liaison with Emory University Libraries to plan the ingest of these digital assets into the University’s Digital Library Project, which is currently in development.
This is a 2-year contract position.
- 2+ years of relevant experience with archival work in a library, including digital workflows, archives, and metadata creation
- Strong writing and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and a commitment to patron service
- Master’s degree in library and information studies, or a related discipline
- Demonstrated project management skills on technical projects in an academic context
- Experience working on the development and maintenance of digital repositories and/or digital exhibition sites
- Experience supervising student employees
- Strong experience with web development
- Knowledge of and experience with digitization and metadata best practices
ABOUT PITTS THEOLOGY LIBRARY
Pitts Theology Library, one of the premier theological libraries in North America, is one of Emory University’s six instructional libraries. It holds a distinguished collection of theological materials in a beautiful new 60,000 square-foot facility. With active instructional and outreach programs and over 630,000 volumes, including over 145,000 volumes in its Special Collections, the library provides rich resources and services for the Candler School of Theology, Emory University, and the broader community.
Link to Apply: https://faculty-emory.icims.com/jobs/40219/visiting-librarian---digital-asset-project/job?mobile=false&width=1152&height=500&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=-300&jun1offset=-240
Please submit a curriculum vitae, a cover letter including a discussion of your experience with digital projects, and contact information for three professional references online. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.