Director of Library Services
As Director you will:
A. Commitment to Luther Seminary’s Mission and Vision
B. Required education and experience:
- An M.L.I.S. or M.L.S. from an accredited A.L.A. program.
- Leadership experience (post-M.L.I.S/M.L.S. ) in an academic library.
- Knowledge of information technology and its role in an educational institution.
- Ability to work collegially and communicate effectively with internal and external constituencies.
C. Desired knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- A PhD in a theological discipline or ThD;
- Knowledge of ELCA helpful;
- Familiarity with other mainline Christian organizations also helpful.
Luther Seminary is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, national origin, familial status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status or public assistance status.
Welcome Statement can be found here: https://www.luthersem.edu/about/welcome.aspx?m=6784
Please submit curriculum vitae or resume, a cover letter including a discussion of your leadership experience and as a librarian, and two professional reference letters or contact information for two professional references with your application materials here: https://www.luthersem.edu/employment/positions_Luther.aspx
Become a member of Atla today!
- Connect with colleagues in your field
- Learn from rich professional development offerings
- Grow through leadership opportunities
- Collaborate with other professionals and libraries