Atla creates trusted research tools for the scholarly study of religion and theology, including Atla Religion Database® (Atla RDB®) — the premier index in all fields of religion, as well as AtlaSerials® (Atlas®), and AtlaSerials PLUS® (Atlas PLUS®) — the go-to full-text collections of journals in diverse areas of religion and theology. We also oversee historical archives initiatives and work with several publishing partners to offer electronic versions of specialized bibliographic and reference products.
Reporting to the Director of Business Development, the Product Specialist supports existing product and new product activities, focusing on financial analysis, market research, competitive analysis, and related activities. This is not a routine job with routine responsibilities, and it requires someone who will manage multiple tasks simultaneously, prioritize work effectively, and thrive in a dynamic and complex environment.
For more information about Atla, please visit our web site at: https://www.atla.com/
Highlights of Responsibilities:
- Maintains specialist-level knowledge of Atla’s entire suite of digital research tools including scope, price, features, functionality, and strategic positioning.
- Develops plans and conducts qualitative and quantitative market research (surveys, focus groups, interviews, etc.) to support the strategic positioning of Atla’s digital suite of products. Provides expert advice and data to management for use internally and externally for external customers, partners, and other key stakeholders.
- Works closely with internal colleagues and key business partners to translate organization-wide business priorities into scoped action items, complex proposals, and business cases.
- Independently creates regular complex financial projections forecasts and reports. Performs analysis for various product development initiatives for existing and potential products.
- In conjunction with colleagues, develops tracking systems and analyzes global competitive activity that could affect Atla’s digital products, including new market launches and changes or enhancements to competitor’s products or “good enough” solutions.
- Develops and presents highly-visible product demonstrations at key events (in-person and virtual). Delivers presentations to business partners, customers, and prospects and handles complex follow-up independently.
- 2-5 years of progressive experience in a product specialist, product development, or related role. This is an early career role.
- Excellent academic record with an undergraduate degree; focus on research methods (information science, math & statistics, computer science, public policy, business, etc.) a plus.
- Strong P&L, data analytics, and financial modeling experience.
- Strong business acumen and excellent analytical skills, able to think creatively and interpret meaningful themes and stories from quantitative and qualitative data.
- Excellent drive for results and complex problems solving skills coupled with the ability to build strong strategic working relationships.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, experience communicating with internal and external audiences, including customers and other stakeholders.
- Effective written and oral communication with multiple levels of business and technical peers and leadership.
- Proven ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- Expert knowledge of the MS Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word).
- Expert knowledge of survey programs such as QuestionPro and SurveyMonkey.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, prioritize work effectively, and thrive in a dynamic and complex environment; must be highly organized.
- Experience working or consulting in library, higher education, publishing, content licensing or information industries.
- Association Management Software experience, particularly SalesForce/Nimble platform
- Forecasting software experience, particularly Adaptive Insights.
- Knowledge and experience in developing digital products in emerging economics/developing countries.
- Experience or education in religion, theology, humanities or related areas.
- Foreign language skills and/or international experience.
- Must be willing and able to travel via plane, train, automobile, and other means up to 30% of time.
- Occasional international travel required.
This position is a full-time exempt position and candidate may work remotely within the United States or may be based in a Chicago-area office.
Please submit a cover letter highlighting your relevant experience, a current resume or CV, and the names and contact information for three references to email@example.com. Please include “Product Specialist” in subject line. No phone calls.
Atla is an equal opportunity employer. Salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience. Applicants who require accommodations should contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin September 16, 2019, and continue until the position is filled.