Assistant/Associate Professor – Collection Development and Instruction Librarian
Type: Full-time Faculty
The University of Mary Hardin-Baylor’s Townsend Memorial Library seeks qualified faculty member, beginning in December 2023, with an initial appointment at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor (non-tenure track), commensurate with experience. UMHB seeks faculty who are active Christians and dedicated librarians to prepare students for leadership, service, and faith-informed discernment in a global society.
The Townsend Memorial Library supports instruction, research, creativity, and the advancement and transmission of knowledge as the University prepares students for leadership, service, and faith-informed discernment in a global society.
UMHB is conveniently located in Belton, an historic town of 22,000 in the heart of central Texas. Nearby cities are Temple (5 miles), Waco (45 miles), Austin (65 miles), San Antonio (130 miles) and Dallas/Ft. Worth (130 miles). Excellent schools, abundant cultural and recreational opportunities, and a high quality of life are hallmarks of the local community.
Activities required of all faculty include exemplary librarianship, collection development, professional development; and service to the library and the university.
- Oversee the acquisition of all physical materials as well as electronic materials (in conjunction with the Electronic Resources Librarian), according to university policies and guidelines, including the expenditure, processing, payment, and reconciliation of the collections budget.
- Coordinate with subject librarians on selection and collection development matters such as review, withdrawal, duplication, etc.
- Create and communicate reports as requested regarding expenditures, accounting, and budgets.
- Serve as library liaison to selected academic programs.
- Provide Reference and Instruction services as needed.
- Develop procedures and workflows for training and efficiency.
- Participate in professional development activities in collection development and academic librarianship.
- MLS or MLIS from an ALA-accredited program. New graduates are encouraged to apply.
- Excellent library instruction and communication skills, a dedication to professional development, and commitment to quality improvement are essential.
- Appreciation for and ability to deal positively and sensitively with a variety of patrons.
- Meticulous attention to detail is required.
- Must be an active, and committed Christian.
Salaries and Benefits
Competitive salary commensurate with experience, excellent benefits including medical and dental insurance, retirement plan with match and UMHB tuition benefits for employees and their dependents.
Position will remain open until filled.
Please click the “Apply Now” link to apply for this position.
Please submit a cover letter, CV, transcript copies, and evidence of quality teaching performance with your online application. Your letter of interest should also respond to UMHB’s mission and values, found at http://about.umhb.edu/our-mission. In addition, include in one page or less, a description of your own Christian beliefs and commitments.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
For information regarding employment at the University of Mary Hardin-Baylor, please visit our Careers Site.