Atla Websites on Religion Editor
The purpose of Websites on Religion is to provide, via an annotated online list, current and relevant links to web sites and other freely available electronic resources that are relevant to the study and teaching of religion and theology. The editor or team of editors selected will have the following responsibilities:
- Review the major headings in the current list and determine what headings should be maintained;
- Select new major headings to add to the list reflecting not only the current foci of study and teaching in religion and theology but that also demonstrate the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion;
- Review the legacy links to web sites and other electronic resources under current headings for currency, relevancy, and accuracy;
- Select and add links to web sites and other electronic resources that are not currently represented under the major headings that will be retained or under new headings to be added if determined to be relevant, current and important to the study and teaching of religion and theology;
- Create on Atla LibGuides (https://atla.libguides.com/) the new Websites on Religion site, arranging the major headings and links in a way that is navigable, searchable and usable by librarians, students, faculty and others.
- Individual, Retired, or Student membership in Atla
- Knowledge of a wide range of web sites and other freely available electronic resources relevant to the study and teaching of religion and theology
- Experience with creating and maintaining online resources on various topics in religion and theology
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously with a tight schedule
- Available to provide updates during periodic conference calls with Atla staff
- Ability and commitment to provide the completed LibGuide by October 1, 2019
- Experience creating and using LibGuides
- Experience with the design and usability of online resources
- Familiarity with the Chicago Manual Style
Work on this project should begin no later than June 1, 2019, and the final project must be completed by October 1, 2019. The editor or editor team will have regular check-ins with the Atla Scholarly Communication and Digital Projects Manager, who will monitor progress and provide feedback while the site is being drafted and prepared and also be available for questions and guidance as needed. Upon successful completion of this project, the editor(s) will be paid a modest honorarium for their work.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please submit the following documents electronically as a single PDF document:
- A statement addressing the following questions (maximum 800 words for a single editor and 1200 words for a team of two editors). Please use examples of your professional experiences, including links to relevant resources:
- Why do you want to be the contract editor(s) of Websites on Religion?
- Demonstrate your knowledge of the relevant and important freely available web-based resources for the study and teaching of religion and theology
- What experience do you have in creating and maintaining online resources?
- Are there other relevant experiences of which you would like us to be aware?
- Your resume or CV
- The names and contact information for two references who have direct knowledge of your experience and expertise.
Applications from a single editor or from a team of two editors will be considered. If applying as a team, please only submit one application for the team that includes all of the above materials in a single PDF (only one statement per team needs to be prepared). The single PDF application must be submitted via email by 5 pm Central Time on May 10, 2019, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Videoconference interviews will be conducted of the most qualified applicants. The editor or team of editors will be selected and all other applicants notified by May 24, 2019.
Any questions about this position or the application process may be directed to email@example.com.
Become a member of Atla today!
- Connect with colleagues in your field
- Learn from rich professional development offerings
- Grow through leadership opportunities
- Collaborate with other professionals and libraries