Production Software Developer
This position is primarily responsible for software development within the Atla Drupal-based production system. Job duties include writing code to implement new features, troubleshooting existing issues, assist in the planning and scoping of new projects, and participate in code quality assurance. The Production Software Developer will be working with both external and internal technical staff to achieve this goal. The Production Software Developer will seek to gain a thorough understanding of the work and challenges faced by the end users and collaborate with them to identify where software enhancements could increase efficiency and ease of use in the software tools Atla employs. This position is also responsible for keeping up-to-date on relevant advances in technology and applications; and serving as an advocate for selected projects by suggesting alternative solutions, areas for further exploration, and user training by performing the following duties.
- Knowledge and background in developing both front-end and back-end software applications is essential.
- Knowledge of PHP is essential.
- Knowledge of and experience with both relational and non-relational databases is essential.
- Knowledge of SQL is essential.
- Knowledge of version control and source code management as Github is essential.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services technologies is desirable.
- Experience working in an Agile environment is desirable.
- Knowledge of shell-scripting languages (such as Bash, Python, or Ruby) is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with a modern back-end framework (i.e., Drupal, Symfony, Laravel, Rails) is highly desirable.
- Experience with debugging tools (Xdebug, Chrome DevTools, source maps) is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of Linux based operating systems is desirable.
- Knowledge of search and engines (Lucene, Solr, Elasticsearch) is desirable.
- Knowledge of Docker and associated tools is desirable.
- Detail-oriented, organized, professional.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills essential.
Less than 1 year to 3 years.
Education and/or experience
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. For more information about Atla, please visit our web site at: www.atla.com.
To apply, please e-mail (1) a letter of application specifically addressing qualifications for the position, (2) a current resume, and (3) the names and contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Software Developer” in the subject line. No phone calls.
Atla is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, age, disability, veteran, or military status, pregnancy, order of protection status, genetic information or other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Atla is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, contact Cember Beeson, HR Generalist, at email@example.com or +1.872.310.4249.