- Member Projects & Programs
- Professional Development
- Resources for Librarianship
- Groups & Discussion Lists
The Funnel Projects, including NACO (Name Authority Cooperative Program), SACO (Subject Authority Cooperative Program), and CONSER (Cooperative Online Serials Program), are component parts of the Program for Cooperative Cataloging (PCC). The Funnel Projects are sponsored by the Professional Development Committee.
- Atla Funnel members contributions counted together since the Library of Congress cannot work directly with small libraries
- NACO expects 400 new/changed records per year
- SACO expects 12 new proposals per year
- CONSER expects 40 new/changes per year
- Access to Atla NACO/SACO/CONSER community of catalogers
- Access to PCCList, the national discussion list for PCC program members or the CONSERLine, the CONSER discussion list
- No requirement to be independent in CONSER, NACO, or SACO
- Professional development opportunity
- Current Individual Member
- Cataloging experience
- Access to RDA
- Permission of your institution
- If interested in CONSER, previous NACO training
How to Join
Direct all inquiries and requests to join either the NACO, SACO, or CONSER Funnels to Richard Lammert, Atla Funnels Coordinator.
Information for Participating Members
Participants in the NACO program create and modify name authority records in the Library of Congress Name Authority File. For general information on NACO, see the Library of Congress website.
Participants in the SACO program enables member institutions to submit proposals for additions to Library of Congress Subject Headings (LCSH), LC Genre/Form Terms (LCGFT), LC Demographic Group Terms (LCDGT), LC Medium of Performance Thesaurus for Music (LCMPT), and LC Classification (LCC) schedules. For general information on SACO as well as an application to participate in the funnel, see the Library of Congress website.
Participants in the CONSER program create and modify master serial records located in the OCLC database. For general information about the CONSER program, see the Library of Congress website.
Contact Member Programs for more information.
Become a member of Atla today!
- Connect with colleagues in your field
- Learn from rich professional development offerings
- Grow through leadership opportunities
- Collaborate with other professionals and libraries