- Institutional Member Benefits
- Individual Member Benefits
- Association Publications
- Consortia Program for Libraries
- Grants for Institutions & Groups
- Grants & Scholarships for Individuals
- Leadership Opportunities
Atla will provide one scholarship for $4,000 USD to a student from an underrepresented population enrolled in an ALA-accredited master’s program in library and information science. The scholarship also includes the option of a travel grant to attend and participate in the following Atla Annual. The awardee can choose to participate in the Atla Annual by presenting or creating a poster on a particular topic with the support of the members of the sponsoring Atla Committee for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI).
These funds are supplied by generous Atla members who donate to the Scholarship and Grant Gifts. For more information and to donate, please visit the Atla Scholarship and Grant Gifts page.
- $4,000 USD
- $750 USD travel grant to attend the following Atla Annual (optional)
- Applicant must be from an underrepresented population (religious, racial, ethnic, sexual orientation, or gender identity).
- Applicant must be an Atla member in good standing at the time of acceptance.
- Applicant may attend the following Atla Annual and participate with the support of the Atla Committee for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in a presentation or poster session.
- Applicant must enroll and complete at least six credit hours in the twelve months following notification.
Applications will open in February.
- February 1 – Application opens
- June 1 – Application deadline
- August 1 – Notification of awards to applicants
Disbursement of Funds
Recipients will be required to submit proof of enrollment in at least six (6) credit hours. Funds will be issued upon receipt of proof of enrollment. Recipients must submit proof of enrollment within one year of award notification. Applications will be reviewed by the Atla Committee for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI). For more information about the committee’s composition and work, please visit the DEI page.
Contact Member Programs for more information.
Become a Member of Atla Today!
- Connect with colleagues in your field
- Learn from rich professional development offerings
- Grow through leadership opportunities
- Collaborate with other professionals and libraries