Toggle font size
Atla is governed by a twelve-member board of directors elected by the membership from the membership. The Carver Policy Governance® Model is employed by the Board to govern the Association using the mission, organizational ends, and executive limitations described in the Board Policy Manual.
The Board Policy Manual may be accessed by logging into your My Atla web portal account and selecting Members Only Content.
The work of the Board includes:
- performing duties required by law, including financial oversight and exercising ultimate responsibility for the association
- articulating the vision and purpose for the association
- tracking environmental trends in higher education, theological and religious studies education, and librarianship
- monitoring the needs of members and articulating organizational ends to reflect their values
- writing policies to direct the work of the executive director and using these policies for evaluating the performance of the executive director
- writing effective policies and procedures to document the work of the board
- communicating effectively with members
Nomination of Atla Board Candidates by Petition: How It WorksThe Atla Nominating Committee is working hard on compiling a slate of candidates for the Board of Directors. The Nominating Committee’s slate will be announced to members no later than October 15.